Creating Sheetlabs APIs
The documentation in this section will help you get started with importing data into Sheetlabs (from a spreadsheet or Google Sheets), and then to build APIs on top of it.
If you're not trying to create an API and just want to use an existing one, then you should be reading the documentation for API consumers.
Creating your first API with Sheetlabs takes just a few minutes. To get started:
- Visit sheetlabs.com and create an account.
- Once you have created an account, follow the instructions to import your data. You can upload a spreadsheet or import from from Google Sheets.
- At this point, your data has been imported into Sheetlabs and you’re ready to create your first API. Follow the instructions on the screen to start creating your API.
- You need to give your API a name and choose how you want people to be able to interact with it (which fields they can search on, and which fields are returned).
- Click Create API and you’re done!
Your API will immediately be available for use and documentation will have been generated automatically.
Sample API and documentation
Here is an example of what an API created with Sheetlabs looks like:
- Endpoint: https://sheetlabs.com/ACME/getDomain
- Documentation: https://app.sheetlabs.com/#/services/doc/ACME/getDomain